This reassuring meal can be enjoyed independently or you are welcome to serve it on cauliflower or conventional-rice. In any occasion you are probable to be pleasantly gobbling the whole thing up in 20 minutes or less.
This Skillet Sausage and Zucchini is straightforward and delicous. It tastes just like a conventional Italian Sausage and peppers dish however you are getting some additional veggies in there because of its zucchini.
Use your selected completely cooked sausage. I favor Applegate Chicken Sausage (the only by way of the fridge case as opposed to the frozen segment) in view that their factor list is excellent and I actually have in no way tried one of the varieties which I did now not like.
Skillet Sausage And Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- 4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
- 1 onion cut into ¾ inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh basil for garnish (optinoal)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 bell pepper any color, cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat.
- When the oil is hot, then add chopped sausage and sautè, flipping sausage often, for a few minutes or till sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with the zucchini, onion & bell pepper. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Let cook till the onion is translucent, peppers and zucchini are near tender for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage back into the skillet together with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything moves through for a few minutes. Taste and add additional salt if needed.