This cheesy potato casserole is absolutely tasty. It’s base is creamy cheesy potatoes which get topped with buttered corn flakes cereal that make crispy when baked.
A conventional Funeral Potatoes recipe (party potatoes or potluck potatoes) leaves lots. So it is a incredible dish to bring into a event with a great deal of individuals, like a party, potluck or funeral.
The one trouble with this particular recipe (aside from the title ) is that although it is clearly fantastic, I might not ever make it as a facet dish on account that I definitely don’t want to need to eat tacky potatoes each day weekly.
This little batch model of funeral potatoes is fantastic to get a facet-dish to feed your family. Nowadays you do no longer need to look ahead to a massive occasion to eat those ideal potatoes.
Small Batch Funeral Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups frozen cubed potatoes thawed at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 cup sour-cream
- 1 tsp salt
For the Corn Flake Topping
- 1/4 cup butter-melted
- 2 cups corn-flakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 7×11″or even 9×9″ baking-dish with cooking-spray.
- In a large-bowl, then put in the potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour-cream, cheddar-cheese, garlic-powder, pepper and salt. Stir till well blended and the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Pour the potatoes to the baking dish & spread them out into an even layer.
- Put the corn-flakes in a plastic-food storage-bag and seal the bag then use the hands to squeeze the bag and crush corn flakes.
- Pour the crushed-corn flakes to a small-bowl. Then add the melted-butter. Stir to coat the cereal.
- Spoon the corn-flakes evenly over the potatoes and bake uncovered for 35 minutes and let cool 5 minutes before serving.